THIS is Community
This is LOVING WELL:
- home-cooked dinners dropped off randomly for nine-months
- friends bringing groceries
- homemade ginger-ale prepared with the small hope it might bring some nausea relief
- prayed over hand knit blankets
- offers to do our laundry
- handmade baby girl bows
- care packages from a far
- belly casts
- prayer beads for me to wear during labor
- Candles to be lit when labor begins
A COVID style Blessingway celebration.
I am loved. I am thankful. Praying for a strong community to surround all of you. When your pack is strong, you too are strong.
YOUR FRIENDLY HG PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
NEVER say to someone you know has HG:
'Well haven't you tried ginger yet? That worked for my morning sickness.'
In the HG community we call this getting 'GINGERED!'
This is perfectly fine to ask normal newly pregnant moms, but sadly us HG mamas, we are asked this ALL the time, no matter if we're 12 weeks or full-term, as if we haven't already tried that already :)